To make the most out of your few days in Amsterdam, it can help to know the 'special opening hours' of some of the attractions.
1. Quite a lot of attractions are closed on public holidays.
The important holidays are:
- Christmas (December 25) - Open attractions | Closed attractions
- New Year's Day (January 1) - Open attractions : Closed attractions
- King's Day (April 27) - Open attractions | Closed attractions.
On other holidays you may assume most attractions are open (Easter Sunday, Pentecost (Whitsunday), Boxing Day, December 31).
May 1 is not a holiday in the Netherlands.
2. Evening opening hours can help you make better use of your time
Thursday evening: Open attractions
Friday evening: Open attractions
Saturday evening: Open attractions
Of the most important/busy attractions, these evening hours stand out:
- Anne Frank House, that is open every evening of the week until 9 or 10 pm
- Stedelijk Museum, open on Friday evening until 10pm.
- Van Gogh Museum, open on Friday evening
- Heineken Experience: open every evening until 7.30 or 9pm
- Madame Tussaud's: every evening until 7pm
3. On Monday, various attractions are closed
Monday: Closed attractions | Open attractions
NOTE: Always check the details of the attraction you visit. If open on public holidays, opening hours can be different from normal.
Van Gogh Museum is open on Friday evening