News of: Friday, September 08 2006,
This weekend 54 monumental buildings are open to the public in Amsterdam, because of the yearly Open Monuments Day.
In Amsterdam Open Monument Day is on both September 9 and 10.
Many of the buildings listed on the website can normally be visited too, but some open only for this weekend. Some of these are:
- De Waag, the 15th century city gate building on Nieuwmarkt Square (only Sunday).
- Huis met de Hoofden, one of the most beautiful canal houses, Keizersgracht 123
- Museumwerf 't Kromhout, an old ship wharf, Hoogtekadijk 147
- Beer Brewery ' IJ, a small beer brewery under a windmill, Funenkade 7.
- Industrieele Grote Club, early 20th century building, Dam 27
- Tower of the Old Church, the oldest building in Amsterdam (the tower can be climbed), Oudekerksplein
- Tower of the Zuiderkerk, early 17th century (the tower can be climbed), Zuiderkerkhof.