News of: Tuesday, October 02 2012,
Amsterdam has a new kind of taxi company: a scooter taxi, working with electric scooters.
The name of the company is Hopper.
The working area of the taxi company is only the centre of Amsterdam, and the office area ZuidAs (South of the centre).
The scooters can transport only one passenger, and have obviously limited capacity for luggage transportation.
Other main facts:
- Flat rate of E 2.50 for a single ride
- Operational from 8 to 8 on working days (Monday-Friday)
- Amsterdam area covered: Centre & ZuidAs WTC/RAI
- Book by flagging down a scooter, by telephone or via the website
- Permanently ‘on the move’ (there is no taxi stand)
- Payment possible in cash or with bank card (not credit card)
For more details you can look on the Hopper website (also in English).