News of: Saturday, July 30 2005,
Because of a large fire in a hotel at Damrak, 80 guests were evacuated.
The fire (yesterday evening) was apparently caused by some young Italian guests, who had set fire to a mattress in the hallway.
The hotel has arranged alternative accommodation for the guests. Twenty of the rooms became unusable.
Two persons suffered minor injuries, there were no casualties.
Damrak is the street right in front of the Central Station, known for its many hotels, mainly in the cheaper regions.