This tower used to be the head office of oil company Shell. After Shell left, the City of Amsterdam started to redevelop this area.
The tower will become a night club/hotel/office space and restaurant.
- On the 21st and 22nd floor there will be A'dam Lookout, an indoor and outdoor observation point with a spectacular view on Amsterdam.
- In the evening, after closure of the observation deck, night club 'Heaven' will open.
- On the 20th floor will be a revolving panorama restaurant. The restaurant will make a full circle in 1 hour.
- The big open space on the 17th floor will be used for exhibitions, product launches, conferences or (fashion) shows. The space will also become an official marriage location.
- There will be a hotel with 120 rooms on 5 floors, with a Living Lobby that will be open 24 hours a day.
- In between the columns of the tower there will be a transparent gym facility.
- The underground club will be called 'Hell', a referral to 'Heaven' in the top of the building, but also to the gallows field that used to be on this location until the 18th century. The club has a 24 hour licence.
When everything is finished, the tower will be called A'Dam (Amsterdam Dance And Music). The tower is expected to open in spring 2016.
Overhoekstoren from IJdock